University Baptist & Brethren Church has established itself as a dynamic and progressive congregation since April of 1922, when a small group of people gathered to organize a Baptist Church in State College. The congregation, forty charter members, met in private homes and on campus until the first church building was dedicated in 1928.
In 1968, the congregation was joined by a group from the Church of the Brethren and since that time we have been dually aligned with American Baptist Churches and the Church of the Brethren.
The University Baptist and Brethren Church has through the years combined a deep desire for worship, a faithful commitment to service, and an abiding spirit of community and fellowship in Christ. People from our community have been instrumental in beginning and sustaining a number of ecumenical and community ministries.
Our church is organized with four active boards (Deacons, Trustees, Missions, and Christian Education) and a number of committees. We welcome your involvement in every aspect of the church's life!